H+ S Shampoo! I have eczema and H+S’s shampoos have zinc in them which has been clinically proven to be an effective treatment for eczema on the scalp (sebaceous eczema) and is even therefore recommended by the National Eczema Society. It is the only non-clinical shampoo I can regularly use without having a flare-up of itchy, dry, flaky eczema on my scalp. I am a very loyal user of this shampoo and would recommend it to anyone who has problems with dandruff or eczema on their scalp.
- Good value for money – inexpensive and the big bottles last for ages.
- Lots of different shampoos for different hair types, and different smelling ones too. Personally I really like the apple fresh and citrus fresh ones because they smell lush and make my hair smell lovely and fruity. All of the shampoos have the active ingredient of zinc in them so all work in the same way to fight dandruff and prevent eczema flare-ups.
- Makes my hair feel nice and healthy and clean, not heavy and greasy.
- Prevents flare ups of sebaceous eczema on the scalp and therefore prevents dandruff outbreaks – this has real science behind it and is due to zinc being the active ingredient.
- This is not a cruelty-free product. The company behind H+S are particularly ruthless when it comes to testing their products and ingredients on animals. This makes me feel awful, but given that my usage of their shampoo is purely based on medical need, there isn’t much I can do about unfortunately.